Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting, netmeeting, lan and NAT

Le dim 19/01/2003 à 19:00, João Pedro a écrit :
> I think it's a NAT/Netmeeting related problem .
> The other day I was successfully connected with Georgi with:
> Gnomemeeting on NAT Router to Openphone on Nat Router
> on W2K , but when I changed from Openphone to Netmeeting we
> no longer were able to connect .
> Netmeeting on NAT detects the local network interface IP and I think
> it tells Gnomemeeting to connect to that address which will reach nowhere,
> of course .

That is exactly the case when Netmeeting is in the LAN, and GnomeMeeting
on the internet. Netmeetigg will send the private IP as address. The
only solution is to have a gatekeeper, or a router that supports H.323.
In conclusion, having Netmeeting working with the outside world when you
are using NAT, is a very hard task, better use GnomeMeeting in that
case.

If you have GnomeMeeting behind NAT, then you can also use RSIP or
simply IP translation and port forwarding.

But in the current case, the GnomeMeeting was on the same LAN than the
Netmeeting, so the problem was different I think.