Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting, netmeeting, lan and NAT

I think it's a NAT/Netmeeting related problem .
The other day I was successfully connected with Georgi with:
Gnomemeeting on NAT Router to Openphone on Nat Router
on W2K , but when I changed from Openphone to Netmeeting we
no longer were able to connect .
Netmeeting on NAT detects the local network interface IP and I think
it tells Gnomemeeting to connect to that address which will reach nowhere,
of course .
I think the only workaround is ( for those who use a Linux NAT Router)
to use a Gatekeeper or to use RSIP - see paragraph 6.5 on Gnomemeeting
FAQ .

Good luck and let us know if you succeed

J.Pedro
jpedro vf netcabo pt

Chris Searle wrote:

OK - here's the setup:

Machine 1: gnomemeeting 0.94.1 running on debian.

Machine 2: netmeeting (latest version for win 2k) running on a win 2k
          box on the LAN

Machine 3: netmeeting (latest version for win 2k) running on a win 2k
          box over the internet

Machine 4: netmeeting (latest version for win 2k) running on a win 2k
          box on the LAN

The LAN connects to the outside world thru a floppyfw firewall running
a 2.2 kernel with ip_masq_h323 installed.

2 can call any of 1,2,3,4.

4 can call any of 1,2,3,4.

Machine 3 can receive calls from 1, 2, 4 but cannot call them (this is
to do with the firewall).

Machine 2 to Machine 3 I get working sound and video both ways.
Machine 2 to Machine 4 I get working sound and video both ways.
Machine 3 to Machine 4 I get working sound and video both ways.

Machine 1 to Machine 2 - I get a connection - but on the netmeeting
machine the gnomemeeting user shows up with no detected audio or
video. Then if I disconnect the conversation from the gnomemeeting
machine netmeeting hangs the win 2k box.

Same for Machine 1 to Machine 4.

Machine 1 to Machine 3 - I get a message about abnormal disconnection.

So - all connections both on the LAN and thru the firewall work for
the netmeeting machines - but I'm getting nowhere fast with the
gnomemeeting machine.

Oh - the gnomemeeting machine has a logitech quickcam express camera
and an old standard sound card with mic. These work. Gnome meeting can
see the local video and is set to send video on a connection. In fact
- the statistics window shows the video being sent.

I'm lost. Any hints on how to delve further in to this would be very
welcome.

Regards