[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Can't see remote video picturein gnomemeeting

El lun, 13-01-2003 a las 10:15, Willi Richert escribió:
> On Sunday 12 January 2003 15:21, you wrote:
> > El dom, 12-01-2003 a las 13:45, Willi Richert escribió:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > after some days I managed to get gnomemeeting running and see myself
> > > through the webcam. If I connect to the ils server and try to connet to
> > > some strangers, it seems that the opposite side is found.
> > >
> > > However, I can't see them.
> > >
> > > Suse 8.1, I am sitting behind a DSL Linux firewall server in a home
> > > network. But, because yahoo messenger and all the like works, I think it
> > > should also work with gnomemeeting to connect.
> > >
> > > Do you know what's wrong?
> >
> > Probably you have a firewall configuration problem. It's much more
> > difficult to make video-conferencing software wotk behind a firewall
> > that yahoo messenger. But don't worry, there is a detailed description
> > in the FAQ about how to configure your firewall:
> > http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=3&pos=0#AEN192
> >
> > > Thanks,
> > > wr
>
> But I can't see, where my DSL-router is blocking those ports:

It's not enough for your router not to block those ports. I think (but
I'm not by any means a firewall expert) that you need to forward them to
the machine running GnomeMeeting.

I'm sure all of this is properly described in the FAQ, and you should
really expend some time reading it.