Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Multiple settings for GM and voipblaster problem

Hi Malcolm,

Le jeu 20/02/2003 à 07:37, Malcolm Caldwell a écrit :
> I run GM on my laptop.  My configuration changes according to different
> situations.  I have gm in my gnome session which I think is a great
> feature.

Me too :)

> Sometimes I have a voipblaster plugged in
> Sometimes I have a webcam plugged in
> Sometimes I am connected to the net, but sometimes I am not.  Sometimes
> I start un-connected and later connect.
>
> I am registering to a gatekeeper and ils.  The main problem is gm pops
> heaps of windows saying it could not connect to the gatekeeper/ils
> server etc.  This happens again and again is is quite annoying.
>
> Also, as sometimes I have a voipblaster and sometimes I do not I need to
> change my audio device manually each time.

What you would like is having the possibility to configure profiles like
in the terminal? That is an interesting feature, yes. I plan to add
profile support in the future, but perhaps not in the near future, ie
perhaps not before 1.00.

> Of note for the voipblaster: it works, but it only supports g723.1.  In
> GM with the voipblaster connected all the audio codecs are listed as
> available even though in reality they are not.  I usually go and unclick
> the checkboxes but that is a pain to do each time.

You do not need to unclick the checkboxes, you can let them clicked. If
you can confirm me that you don't need to unclick them, I will gray them
out when Software codecs are not available, so that they keep the same
state (clicked or not) when you are using your soundcard again.
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org