[GnomeMeeting-list] Disabling sound or configuring gnomemeeting to play well with esound

hello gconferencers-

I'm trying to figure out a way to run Gnomemeeting so it doesn't hijack the sound output. I use esound so I can listen to tunes and hear other sounds (GAIM, etc.) and it has always worked great for me. However, when I connect to a remote webcam (that is not running sound), my speakers go mute.

I made a hacker's attempt at pointing gnomemeeting's xml config files to /dev/null instead of /dev/dsp but no dice. There doesn't seem to be a setting to shut off audio in gnomemeeting...is there one? Alternatively, has anyone configured gnomemeeting to play well with esound?

much obliged,
#!/ben
Ben Klaas
Senior Test Engineer