[GnomeMeeting-list] Feature Request

Here is a request for a new debugging feature
though I can not believe that I am the first to
think of it.

Can you set up robots on a server to perform
loopback calls similar to the audio tests in the
configuration druid? I would like to be able to
call to a bot which is always on line and be able
to test my audio and network configuration
together. When the bot picks up the call all it
does is forward back my audio/video with a 5 second
delay just like the druid test config. Similarly
you could have a bot which calls you right back
when you disconnect so that you can check that you
are able to receive incoming connections.

This would ensure that I could get test calls when
I need them and that the calls were performed
with a configuration which was known to work.  If
the logs from the server side of this test change
were available on a website somewhere then I would
have an easier time diagnosing my firewall/network
issues.

It might even be possible to put put the server
bots and the gnomemeeting client into a "debug"
state and have them test the network connection
together.  If they can go through the ports in a
well defined order then they can create a useful
"network report" about what is working and not
working on my network. This would allow me to
quickly see if some ports are blocked or some
protocols are not getting through.

Ken