RE: FW: FW: [GnomeMeeting-list] Wrong voice pitch

Le lun 29/12/2003 à 21:29, mark h aldous L-3com com a écrit :
> I have compiled a very recent version of gnomemeeting (12/22/03 snapshot).
> When I run the configuration druid, it asks me to choose my audio manager.
> I am given a choice of OSS or Quicknet.  I would like to be able to choose
> ALSA as my audio manager.

You have to compile the pwlib ALSA plugin for this.
You need to have alsa-lib devel installed for that.

> A few months ago I downloaded the ALSA driver version 0.9.6 from
> www.alsa-project.org and compiled it myself.  That driver worked OK for
> gnomemeeting 0.98.4, but the audio manager driud in the new version of
> gnomemeeting doesn't recognize my ALSA driver as an available audio manager.

0.98.4 was not using native ALSA either, it was using the OSS emulation
part of ALSA. The downloaded version supports native ALSA provided you
compile the plugin.

> I got pwlib from
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/snapshots/pwlib-latest.tar.gz (version
> 1.5.5), and I used openh323 version 1.12.2.

I would also use the openh323-latest if I was you.

> Note:  In order for the pwlib "make install" to work, I needed to comment
> out the following line:
>
> cp -rf plugins/pwlib $(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/include/

There is no such line in my PWLib directory. I only have :
cp -rf plugins/pwlib         $(DESTDIR)$(LIBDIR)

> This is because there was no /usr/include/plugins directory on my computer.
> Is this where an ALSA plugin is supposed to be?

No

> Please tell me how I can get an ALSA driver that the gnomemeeting audio
> manager driud will recognize and allow me to select.  Thanks.

Use openh323 latest.
Use the pwlib you are using, but do it this way :
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-plugins
Make sure you have /usr/include/alsa/asoundlib.h, or it won't compile
the ALSA plugin.

make optshared && make uninstall && make install

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org