Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connection to servers

Damien Sandras wrote:

[...]

It is extremely unprobable that such a feature appears in the next
release except if someone external codes it or if I code faster than
what I think. The ideal would be to have a list of possible ILS servers
in the prefs, not in the addressbook as it would be more intuitive.
So my request isn't so stupid :-) I mention addressbook while when I'm looking for someone, I right clic on loocking for and have what I want (my ils servers are all created there). So it's easier than to go in prefs and ask which server GM has to use. And imagine that one of your contact is also connected to 2 or more ils server. In this case, if you want to contact it, you have to check one by one on which he's connected! But perhaps you mean to create a prefered list in prefs and then this list is available in servers addressbook list and from there we can connect. So in this case ok ;-) And for Gatekeeper, could it be also possible to list them there, also with connected endpoints listed?

Also, how is it possible that a client coming from internet is connecting to an ils server with a private IP (eg 192.168.x.x). And

The client sends its IP address to the ILS server. Our ILS server is
fixing it if there is a problem. People behind a NAT gateway will have a
private IP and most software will send that IP to the ILS server because
there is not easy way for the client to determine the real IP address.
Notice that most people registering with a private IP also have a
misconfigured NAT gateway and are polluting the ILS with unreachable
entries.
This is what I'm loocking for: how you modify perl script to get correct address from client if there is a problem. I modify netmeeting perl script to masquerade IP address of intranet client with valid IP address on which ils server is running. Thus people can then be reached from outside. But I didn't find a solution for others :-(

last, where is it possible to find information about xdap used by ils.seconix (if there is one).

There is none, but you can ask questions.
Related to point 2: how to discover bad client IP address and how to solve problem. Second, what is better with xdap? Is it still using perl script? the same?

--
:  ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ __  daniel huhardeaux tootai com