Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connection to servers

Hello,

Le lun 08/12/2003 à 10:13, daniel huhardeaux a écrit :
> Good morning,
>
> I would like to ask for a feature in next release: could it be possible
> to ask GM to connect to a server (ils or gatekeeper) in address book for
> instance(right clic on server). Actually, I'm using 3 servers (2 ils,
> one gatekeeper) and always have to close/reopen GM to connect to this
> one I want to use :-(

It is extremely unprobable that such a feature appears in the next
release except if someone external codes it or if I code faster than
what I think. The ideal would be to have a list of possible ILS servers
in the prefs, not in the addressbook as it would be more intuitive.

> Also, how is it possible that a client coming from internet is
> connecting to an ils server with a private IP (eg 192.168.x.x). And

The client sends its IP address to the ILS server. Our ILS server is
fixing it if there is a problem. People behind a NAT gateway will have a
private IP and most software will send that IP to the ILS server because
there is not easy way for the client to determine the real IP address.
Notice that most people registering with a private IP also have a
misconfigured NAT gateway and are polluting the ILS with unreachable
entries.

> last, where is it possible to find information about xdap used by
> ils.seconix (if there is one).

There is none, but you can ask questions.

> Thanks and have a good day
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org