Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting + soundhardware :(

Hallo Killian,

> Hi Tom,
>
> > I'm using a soundblaster audigy, with a selfcompiled alsa, on a debian
> > sid, soundcard works well with every other application i'm using, but
> > Gnomemeeting reports an error at startup and terminates.
> > [snip]
> > GnomeMeeting can't be used without any audiohardware. Please install a
> > sound or quicknet device
> > [snip]
> > (freely transplated from german;))
>
> u got one chance for now (and one coming up the next week hopefully)
>
> 1.) you run the oss-emu of alsa (which u did compile in ;))
> 2.) you install cvs packages of GM where there's plugins for direct ALSA
> usage ;)

yes i did compile alsa-oss, but it didn't work as well, i never cared,
cause alsa sufficed, i think the easierst way for me is getting oss
running, is it? Installing and compiling a cvs version makes me afraid
of comprising the debian packacke deps, im very weepy, when it comes to
this ;)

thanks
...tom