Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and RedHat 9 Problems

Le mar 15/04/2003 à 09:48, George a écrit :
> I have installed a second hard drive in my machine with RedHat 9. Using
> Gnomemeeting with RedHat 9 doesn't work correctly with microtelco. It
> acts as if the ports on the router are not opened and forwarded. IE: The
> other party can hear me, but I cannot hear them. Also after using PC to
> Phone, gnomemeeting will not hang up or exit. I have to kill the
> process. This is the version .96.0 that comes with RedHat 9.

There shouldn't be any problem. The non-disconnect problems are
sometimes due to bad drivers.

> I had to install the nixj drivers to get the quicknet card to be
> recognized. Other then that there have been no changes.
>
> Also, trying to compile gnomemeeting and pwlib on RH 9, they both
> complain that openSSL is not installed, yet it is, and is installed in
> the correct place.
>
> When I reboot back to 7.3/ximian, all works fine.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on what the problem may be and why trying to
> compile, it complains that openSSL is not installed?

There is a patch in the .src.rpms of RH9 for this, however, I have no
idea what it is doing exactly... and I don't have RH9 to test, but there
is no reason why it wouldn't work. Perhaps you can try the packages on
gnomemeeting.org on RH9, some people have reported they were working on
RH9 too. Don't forget to always upgrade OpenH323/PWLIB and GnomeMeeting.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org