Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems compiling

le dim 15-09-2002 à 15:10, Tomek Grzejszczyk a écrit :
> Damien Sandras wrote:
> >

> 	It worked :-). I mean it has compiled but when talking about crashes...
> Try this:
> 	open Preferences-> Codecs -> Audio Codecs, then check/uncheck the last
> protocol on the list and press the button with down arrow.
>
> (gnomemeeting:16430): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkliststore.c: line 551
> (gtk_list_store_get_value): assertion `GTK_LIST_STORE
> (tree_model)->stamp == iter->stamp' failed
>
> (gnomemeeting:16430): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
> gtype.c:2835:g_type_value_table_peek(): type id `0' is invalid
>
> (gnomemeeting:16430): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table
> for type `<invalid>' which is not currently referenced

If it crashes, it can "still" be a problem of conflicting versions of
PWlib/OpenH323. When doing what you are doing, you are actually
modifying the codecs table. It shouldn't lead to any crash, except if
there was a problem at compile time (perhaps).

It would be sad to be able to crash GM so easily, no? :)
If you are a coder, I would suggest you to run it through gdb to
actually understand what happens. I can't reproduce the problem on my 3
computers, but I asked to people on the IRC channel to try and mail
their results.

There are 2 causes of crashes of GnomeMeeting:
- driver problems
- bad compilation problems (you compile with one version of openh323,
but link with another one at runtime)

If you do not have that kind of problem, then you can run several
thousands of calls in a row without having a single crash (I've done
it).
--
Damien Sandras

GnomeMeeting - H.323 Video-Conferencing application -
  web:	http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
FOSDEM 2002  - Free Software and Open Source Developers Meeting -
  web:	http://www.fosdem.org/