[GnomeMeeting-list] Video doesn't restart

Hi all,

Some of you have mailed and complained that sometimes, after a call, the
video doesn't restart: GnomeMeeting can't open the video device and
displays the test image. There is no solution except restarting GM.

We first thought that it was a kernel bug. I could never reproduce it
here, but some it was common for people using Mandrake and Redhat
distributions. Today, one of the testers discovered what happens :
we suspend ESD so that it doesn't block the soundcard, and when we
resume it, ESD is trying to open the video device instead of opening the
soundcard. For those of you who don't know it, ESD is the gnome sound
daemon, so it is a huge bug if esd is trying to open the video device as
esd has nothing to do with video. The conclusion is that if it happens,
you have to kill ESD, and GM's video will work again as the device will
not be busy anymore... (do a lsof if you want to make sure it is the ESD
bug).

We will try to find a workaround so that we do not have to suspend ESD
anymore and release 0.94.2. If you had that bug, please confirm that
killing esd permits you to restart the video after a call, using the
video preview button. Thanks a lot.

damien