Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] .94.1 segfaults found the solution

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 04:06, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alp reminded me that you were using Ximian Gnome 2 snapshots. This is
> the reason of your segfault. Ximian Gnome 2 snapshots are CVS snapshots
> and so are snapshots of possibly unstable code.

Sounds plausible to me.

> Also, the Ximian Gnome 2 snapshots are shipping with GTK 2.1 and not GTK
> 2.0. GTK 2.1 is an experimental version of the future GTK 2.2, and there
> is not guarantee that GnomeMeeting will work with GTK 2.1. GnomeMeeting
> has been tested and coded for GTK 2.0, the stable branch.
>
> Artur Flinta already reported that the statistics window was making GM
> segfault with GTK 2.1, but it works nicely with GTK 2.0.

Come to think about it, I believe I might have had a statistics window
open each time it segfaulted.  I'll try it without the window.

> I don't know if it is a GTK 2.1 bug, or a GnomeMeeting incompatibility
> with GTK 2.1. It will be fixed before GTK 2.2 is released, but not now
> as I don't have the possibility to base my code on unstable libraries.
>
> You should really try Redhat 8 instead of Redhat 7, and do not use
> anymore CVS snapshots :)

I'll give that some thought.

I suppose I could also revert back to the 10/13 snaps and .93.1 of GM
since that combination seemed to work well.

Thanks for taking an interest in this.