Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Traffic congestion ...

Hi Gilles,

GS> 1.  I use GnomeMeeting v0.12.2 on Debian GNU/Linux woody (kernel 2.4.19)
GS> as it is the last available in sections stable/testing.
GS> 2.  I'm behind a firewall running a kernel 2.4.17 with the H323 patch
GS> (as explained in the FAQ), performing NAT.  The gnomemeeting calls are
GS> redirected to the internal computer.
GS> 3.  How could I make sure that the aDSL line is bad (i.e. that I can't
GS> have concurrent up- and downloading)?  Is there a tool that could help
GS> me produce figures I can show to my ISP?

as described in the advanced traffic howto, you're jamming your upload
buffer, so no interactive download acknoledgement can take place (and
therefore no download at high rates). a simple quick-test could also
be to install the wondershaper from
http://lartc.org/wondershaper/

--
Best regards,