Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Traffic congestion ...

Le ven 15/11/2002 à 11:40, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
> Damien Sandras wrote:
>

> 1.  I use GnomeMeeting v0.12.2 on Debian GNU/Linux woody (kernel 2.4.19)
> as it is the last available in sections stable/testing.

GnomeMeeting 0.12.2 is very old. You should upgrade to 0.94.1. There are
many new options to limit the upload since 0.84.1 that were not
available in 0.12.2, that greatly improves the quality. That could help
you. I know that only 0.12.2 is in Woody, but that is not normal to keep
that old version (one year old).

> 2.  I'm behind a firewall running a kernel 2.4.17 with the H323 patch
> (as explained in the FAQ), performing NAT.  The gnomemeeting calls are
> redirected to the internal computer.

That patch is severely buggy and won't always work with GnomeMeeting (it
is random), a better solution is to use simple port forwarding with
0.94.1 and IP Translation.

> 3.  How could I make sure that the aDSL line is bad (i.e. that I can't
> have concurrent up- and downloading)?  Is there a tool that could help
> me produce figures I can show to my ISP?

Try to upload on a ftp server, and try to surf the web at the same time.