Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Debian Woody install

le dim 10-11-2002 à 19:29, Robert W. Brewer a écrit :
> Hi all,
>

> *******
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for libgnomeui-2.0 >= 1.112.0 linc >= 0.5.0 libbonobo-2.0 >= 2.0.0 esound >= 0.2.28... Package libgnomeui-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnomeui-2.0.pc'
> No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (libgnomeui-2.0 >= 1.112.0 linc >= 0.5.0 libbonobo-2.0 >= 2.0.0 esound >= 0.2.28) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
> *******
>
> If I change the configure.in to remove the checks for these, I can
> get all the way through the configure, but then the compilation fails
> when looking for gtk.h, etc.

Of course, the checks are there for a good reason :)

> Do I need to upgrade to just Gnome 2 as mentioned in the earlier thread?

Yes, you need to install the required dev packages...

> If I upgrade to Gnome 2, will I be able to use the GnomeMeeting .deb
> directly, or will I still end up compiling it myself due to other conflicts?

You won't be able to use the deb directly, you will have to compile
yourself. I think it might be far easier to apt-get install gnomemeeting
from sid.

> My system is solid right now, so I'd like to cause the minimal amount
> of system-wide ripple to get GnomeMeeting going and check it out.

Running sid will keep your system stable...