Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to XP NM

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:11:47PM +0100, Robert Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all, many thanks for this wonderful tool!
>
> Today I have had trouble using my Gnomemeeting 0.85.1 (standard Redhat 7.3
> distribution) to connect to an Windows XP NetMeeting. I'm on a very fast
> connection, the XP machine on an ISDN line (~100 kbit/s).
>
> After about 5 seconds the connection is terminated. In this time we have
> visual contact (I didn't check audio - the history log shows MS-GSM
> connection, however). I can't find out which side terminates. We noticed
> that it was necessary for me to enable tunneling to connect at all. Normal
> GM to GM connections work without problem.

I think it is very weird. If you have to enable Tunneling, then it means
that there is some firewall somewhere. But Netmeeting doesn't support
Tunnelling, so using could not be a good solution.

Try to run GM with --debug to try to understand what happens given the log
messages. My advice is that it is netmeeting disconnecting for some reason
like not enough bandwidth. Try without using video if you were using it.

Damien