Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM video window freezes on initiation of video conference

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:24:16AM +0000, Ben Lovely wrote:
> Hello.
>
> first off I'd like to say that gnome meeting is a really nice piece of
> software and it is great to see a net meeting counterpart in linux. That
> said, I have a little problem!
>
> When I first start GM I can see myself just fine in the preview window but
> when I initiate a video conference with a friend my preview window
> completely freezes. Occasionally it will show me the first frame or 2 of
> their transmitted video but after that it just freezes on that image for
> the durration of the call. Switching between viewing local, remote and both
> doesn't help either.

It means that the remote has stopped to send images to you.
You should come on the IRC channel tonight (irc.gnome.org, #gnomemeeting)
and ask for testing with people who do not have problems to determine if
the problem is on your side or on the remote side.

Also, running gnomemeeting with --debug gives a lot of useful information.