[GnomeMeeting-list] no incoming call sound (gnomemeeting.wav)

Hi,

my problem is: I have no 'ring-ring' sound on incoming calls.
It's activated within the options and shows up in
.gconf/apps/gnomemeeting/general/%gconf.xml
as
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
  <entry name="incoming_call_sound" mtime="1021019449" muser="michael" type="bool" value="true"/>

Of course I can 'play
/opt/gnome/share/sounds/gnomemeeting/gnomemeeting.wav'.

Video+Audio transmission to connected friends is very good, no problems
there.

I'm running SuSE7.3 distribution with the gnomemeeting packages from
the download section (pwlib, openh323, gnomemeeting-0.85.1-2).

I've installed the gnome-libs.rpm:
Name        : gnome-libs                   Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.4.1.1                           Vendor: SuSE GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 104                           Build Date: Tue 20 Nov 2001 19:01:20 CET
Install date: Tue 12 Feb 2002 14:34:44 CET      Build Host: You.suse.de
Group       : X11/GNOME/Base                Source RPM: gnome-libs-1.4.1.1-104.src.rpm
Size        : 2787132                          License: LGPL
Packager    : feedback suse de
URL         : http://www.gnome.org/
Summary     : The GNOME base libraries

I'm using KDE3.0 but have artsd disabled.

I've also tried /opt/gnome/bin/sound-properties to no avail: sound is
played if I press the 'play' button, esd is activated with:
 esd -terminate -nobeeps -as 2 -spawnpid 7555

Incoming calls are shown with the popup window and the status bar
docklet but no sound.

I had the stupid idea to run 'esddsp gnomemeeting' or 'artsdsp
gnomemeeting (with artsd)': no.

Leading the subject to sound daemons: is it possible to have
gnomemeeting running with any sound daemon like esd or artsd?
I'd like to listen to webradio, music, desktop sounds and stuff and
still I want to receive an incoming call sound signal or talk through
the GM connection.
A remedy would be a second soundcard which I have already
installed. What do other people do, 2 sets of boxes on your desktop?

Thank you very much for reading this
--
Michael                                     PGP-Key 0x7E1231ED

Den Anweisungen des Personals ist Folge zu leisten.