[GnomeMeeting-list] patched GM 0.85.1 (anxiously waiting for the Win port)

Hi Damien,

As you may remember, I was working towards a demo of the OpenH323 stack for the
end of April. This took place last Tuesday and proved successful. I used your
software, because it is the best looking one around (which is important for
demo-ware) using OpenH323, and didn't require many changes. You'll find in
attachment the patch from GM 0.85.1 to the current state on my HD. Let me
review here those changes in the order of the patch:

+ adding to buttons in the pref window to (de)select the H.261 and H.263
capabilities
+ more flexible way of indentifying a video capability (vs. audio)
+ move up the disableH245Tunneling inside the if() {...}
+ initialize color_format to NULL in GMVideoGrabber::GMVideoGrabber()
+ merged "case 3:" and "default:"
+ inversed height and width in VGOpen()

As you can see, the changes were minimum at the GM level (and I am glad so!).
Given that no free H.263 codec is currently available, all the corresponding
stuff may be kind of irrelevant to you.
Still, it would be nice at some point to allow as much flexibility for the
video codecs as for the audio codecs in ordering the capabilities (codecs and
respective video sizes). For instance, H.263 also supports SQCIF, 4CIF and
16CIF (although the latter is very unlikely).
Another idea would be to allow the preview image while in a call not to be
taken from the codec, but from another video capture device instead (possibly
pre-scaled).

You also may consider adding the second file (do_conf) to the FAQ, as an
example on how to configure GM on a SUSE73 distribution before compiling.

Let me add that I came across the thread today between you and Juergen. It is
so that people tend to voice more criticism (sometime superficially) than
acknowledgement. Rest assured that many enjoy GM and the OpenH323 stack. For
me, it was initially a great research tool (that's the audio measurement stuff
I mentioned once to you, for which I needed an H.323 client). It's not perfect
(what is?), but the whole thing is in source for us to play with in our little
projects. Tomorrow will be another day.

Regards,
Guilhem.