Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Development Question

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 07:42:44PM +0200, J?rgen Braetz wrote:
> That is why i find GM yet not good enough to use for me. Perhaps you

Please send me a list of things that are not good enough in GM
so that I can start to improve it.
I mean in GnomeMeeting itself.
Because there are different ways for me to understand that sentence.
I think you mean that GnomeMeeting is not good enough for you because:
1) you have too many packages to install on Suse
2) the mailing list is not friendly
3) audio/video codecs are not as good as the Netmeeting
4) Doc is not readable in Konqueror

I will answer to these points separately. First of all, you will notice
that you tell me, the author of GnomeMeeting, who works every day on it,
that my product is not good, and you give reasons external to the project
to that. I mean that you don't criticize the project but external things
and that makes me sad.

1) The number of packages to install doesn't depend on me. You are using
Suse, others are using other distributions, and the number of packages
to install depends on the distribution itself. It has nothing to do
with Netmeeting.

2) There was a war thread some time ago. Again, it doesn't depend on me, but
you are trying to start another one mega troll it seems. Let me say that I'm
not happy to read that the mailing list is not friendly. Now kilian is helping
a lot, but before that, I was answering *every* mail on the mailing list.
So Im not happy when I read that Im not friendly. Im doing that in my free
time.

3) I told you. If you have the money to pay for the use of such codecs, tell me.  I will be the first to be happy.

4) It works with Konqueror for KDE3. Btw, Konqueror's first function is not
to be a browser, and Im sure that it is not the only software to be installed
on your system.

Constructive suggestions about GnomeMeeting itself are always welcome.
So, if you have complaints about GnomeMeeting, just tell me, I'll do my
best to improve it. But please don't come here complaining about the
Konqueror, the mailing list, Suse or patented codecs, and conclude that
GnomeMeeting is not good to use because of that.

Thanks.
You are the second person in one month to start a troll about things that
have nothing to do with GnomeMeeting and to attack the project directly.
When I read that, I don't want to code again, I just want to cancel the
project, because some people, like you, lack of respect.

Damien