Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Development Question

Am Sonntag, 5. Mai 2002 19:09 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Juergen,
>
> what's your problem with video codecs? they should work with NM..

Hi Kilan,

I meant: Compressed codecs to improve better performance for ISDN-Dialup
Connections.

I tested today the following:

NM - GM through direct connect between the hosts (dialup with ISDN 64K).

Result: Sound was ugly and video poor. And the NM has to install audiocodecs
from GM HQ.

1. I mean its no problem for me to install those codecs on the other host,
but it doesn't work out of the box with NM.
2. Okay Sound and Video are also poor on NM to NM Connections via ISDN, but
still better as GM to NM.
3. ILS Server IP recognition isn't yet installed on argo.dyndns.org and so
how to make friends, whne NM can't see you and GM can't get you of course of
wrong IP's
4. Suse RPM's doesn't work out of the box, so that you have to install
several (min of 5 packets on Suse 7.3 (Standard Network installation)).
5. Documentation isn't readeable for KDE 2 Konqueror (although you should be
able to use it)
6. Mailinglist isn't very friendly.

That is why i find GM yet not good enough to use for me. Perhaps you
misunderstood me, but i am not new to linux and discussion sounds to me like
war on the net here. Perhaps it is why i am not perfect to english. But when
i ask i will handled like a dummy and was said to check things taht doesn not
work out of the box. I meant i don't want to install much things to use it
and don't want to be alone on needing help. Can you say me how to use GM with
no partner either NM or GM or even to test it. How should I improve my
knowledge if nobody gives an good answer or a hint.

Please feel to be spoken on here but these are things are recognized ....

Greets

Jürgen