Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gconf 1.0 or better is required

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 22:19, Lawrence Manning wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Christian Rose wrote:
>
> Not really a very good solution now. :( I'm running gconf 1.0.0 and cannot
> get gnomemeeting to fire at all.  No problems compiling it, but when I
> Start it I get "Please check your gconf permissions and settings" or
> simular, and then the program aborts.
>
> Why does Gnome Meeting rely on gconf now?  I know it is afterall called
> "Gnome" Meeting, but I appreciated that you could happily run it outside
> of the gnome desktop, and the fact that it didn't *heavily* need gnome to
> compile and run.  Now it seems this is not the case.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Gnome Meeting and have been using it
> happily for many months.  I just want to go to the latest version
> (0.85.1).  But now I am kind of stuck :( Is there someway to maybe disable
> gconf support, or to get this working?

No way to disable GConf support. This was a bug in that packaged version
of GConf on Redhat. You have to upgrade it, or to try to fix it by
yourself, changing the perms and so on.

Take good care of that version of GnomeMeeting, it will probably be the
last one.