Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gconf 1.0 or better is required

On 20 Mar 2002, Damien Sandras wrote:

> > [snip]
> > Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Gnome Meeting and have been using it
> > happily for many months.  I just want to go to the latest version
> > (0.85.1).  But now I am kind of stuck :( Is there someway to maybe disable
> > gconf support, or to get this working?
>
> No way to disable GConf support. This was a bug in that packaged version
> of GConf on Redhat. You have to upgrade it, or to try to fix it by
> yourself, changing the perms and so on.

Hmm.  Come to think of it, I can't remember where I got the install of
Gnome from on this box.  I think it was Red Carpet or something.

I've tried fiddling and deleting the whole .gnome dir and trying from
scratch to set it up, but have given up :(

> Take good care of that version of GnomeMeeting, it will probably be the
> last one.

How do you mean?  Are you not developing GnomeMeeting anymore? :(((((

Lawrence Manning

Development Team Leader and Author - SmoothWall - www.smoothwall.org
Email: `formail -z -x From: <thismail`