[Fwd:Re:[GnomeMeeting-list] GM 0.85.1/Slackware 8.0 and Gconf Permissions]

Le ven 21/06/2002 à 15:17, AG a écrit :

> > OK :)
> > Tell me the 2 things printed by the cout when you run gnomemeeting.
> > It should print you the content of BUILD_ID and of gconf_test.
> >>From there, we can guess where is the problem as the gconf_test key
> > given by gconftool is correct.
>
> AG> Damien, I'm actually getting the GM banner now and the GM globe
> icon AG> on my KDE task bar :P
> AG> Here is the BUILD_ID and gconf_test output ->
> [agreen rufnek]~$2002-06-15T19:44:28-0400 2002-06-15T19:44:28-0400 AG>
> The only problem is that GM is hanging.. However, I'm not getting AG>
> the dreaded 'gconf errors'..  Another Slack user explained that I AG>
> must have $HOME/.gconf/apps/gnomemeeting. I never had this path. AG> I
> copied it from root/.gconf and changed the permissions. Now GM AG>
> appears to be running..

Wow this is weird. Gconf should create that directory itself... I think
that the slack GConf is a bit broken, but I'm happy that it works.

If it hangs at startup, it means it hangs in the devices detection
routine. Try to install ALSA, and make sure that no program (including
artsd) are using the soundcard when you start GnomeMeeting.

I'm happy for you, but your problem is the most weird I've ever seen!!

--
 _	Damien Sandras
(o-	GnomeMeeting - H.323 Videoconferencing Application -