Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting and NetMeeting

Damien Sandras wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:36:00PM -0700, James K. Wiggs wrote:
> >

> >    I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure what you mean by this.  I looked
> > up the web page on RSIP, and downloaded the source.  But your use of
> > the phrase "we can't help for Netmeeting" implies that there's nothing
> > to be done.  Does this mean that what I'm trying to do is simply not
>
> Let's say that for Netmeeting incoming calls, except allowing all
> TCP ports > 1024 and all UDP ports, there is nothing to be done. no...
>
> For outgoing calls, there is no problem, but Im not sure what ports
> Netmeeting uses for UDP.

According to M$, for NM, you need to open ports 1024-65535 for UDP, and
ports 389, 522, 1503, 1720 and 1731 for TCP if you want to use NM and an
ILS server. This still did not work for me. I had to put my computer on
the DMZ of my linksys router, then once the connection was made, I could
drop off of the DMZ and still run fine. There are other ports that M$ is
not telling us about.