Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Two (2) webcams

Le 2002.06.05 05:33, Shane Thomas Mueller a écrit :

if I open up another instance of gnomemeeting, I get an error: "Could
not start new listener thread..."

gnomemeeting waits for incoming calls on port 1720; when you launch the second gm, it cannot bind to that port, hence the warning; but it then proceeds...

, the new gnomemeeting window opens
up
video1 (successfully), and then I get a message sayoing "Error while
opening video device....a test image will be transmitted.". I can not
figure out any acrobatics to have both images open simultaneously.

Stop video preview, and re-enable it.

As a side note, I am unable to do even this on Windows (tm), so this
is a testament to the quality of your software and linux's
flexibility.

This is what I would like to have happen: I want two launchers that
sit on
my desktop. Clicking on one will open video0 in gnomemeeting; clicking
on
the other will open video1.  I would like to be able to have both open
simultaneously, but that is of secondary importance. Is there a way
this
can be done? Does the gnome2 version allow it? Is there a command-line
option for specifying which device to use? Is that in a config file
somewhere?  Barring these (easy) solutions, do you think there might
be
a simple hack that would allow me to make my own custom version that
would work this way?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but gm is a videoconferencing tool. If you just want to see what your cams point at, a simple xawtv would be enough?

Snark