[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Camera works with Xawtv but not gnomemeeting.

le jeu 18-07-2002 à 18:45, Walt Costanza a écrit :
> As per the gnomemeeting site if the camera works with other apps but not with
> gnomemeeting emailing you is permissable.

Of course :)
There were endianess problems with previous versions of OpenH323, but it
has been fixed in current versions I think.

> I have a Zoomcam usb for imac and power mac that came with cuseeme.
>
> The camera worked reasonably well with the cuseemeworld plugin under win98.
> With the pc drivers from the zoom web site.
>
> It works fine on a power mac.
>
> It displays a clear image locally under xawtv under Mandrake 8.2 and Suse 7.3
>
> When loading gnomemeeting I get the following error under Mandrake 8.2

> Error while opening video device /dev/video0, channel 0.
> A testt image will be transmitted.
> Your driver doesn't support the YUV42OP format.
> Please check your kernal driver documentation in order to determine which
> Pallette is supported. Set it
> as GnomeMeeting default with:
> gconftool --set "/apps/gnoomemeeting/devices/color_format" YOURPALETTE --type
> string

> Can you advise how I might determine the pallette that is currently working
> with Xawtv. I have not been able to locate and "pallette" info in the

Probably you could mail the webcam linux driver author?

GnomeMeeting tries to set the video palette when starting, and it
returns an error when trying to set the YUV420P palette.

The best would be to mail the webcam linux driver author and ask him
what palette to use. Perhaps he could even try GnomeMeeting...