[GnomeMeeting-list] sound loopback device question

hallo,

i hope its not to offtopic but i hope sombody can help me. i would like to use h323 protocoll for a students project where we can send automatically sounds from wave files through the h323 protocoll to an h323 mcu. my question is: is it possible to redirect the audiodate to an virtual dsp device and send this over an h323 client (ohphone?) to a mcu server?

this is what i would like to do?

mkfifo loopback
cat soundfile.raw > loopback
./obj_linux_x86_r/ohphone -n 192.168.0.1 --sound-in loopback

this does not work, is there a solution for this problem?

thanks for any help,
alexander

btw. for witch purpose is the loopback device entry ind this array?
PStringArray PSoundChannel::GetDeviceNames(Directions /*dir*/)
{
  static const char * const devices[] = {
    "/dev/audio",
    "/dev/dsp",