Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Tests : please

Damien Sandras wrote:

> To all of you. There were problems for some of you with video.

there still are ...

> - With video preview activated, sometimes you go "Could not open
> the video device" when beginning the video transmission.
> There is a new GnomeMeeting available on http://www.gnomemeeting.org/snapshots/

got it ...

> - Sometimes, some of you had to start xawtv before being able to use
> the video in gnomemeeting. I noticed that 14 ioctl's where made
> in pwlib when only a few of them are really needed. That can disturb some
> drivers.

right, 0.12.2 worked fine if i started xawtv before.

> That is why I made a patch on pwlib. you have to use the current
> pwlib, and apply the patch (if pwlib is extracted in /opt to be in /opt/pwlib,
> just cd /opt, do patch -p 0 < video4linux_patch, compile and install the new lib.)
>
> Everything can be found on http://www.gnomemeeting.org/snapshots/
>
> I really need that you test that before submitting to Equivalence because
> I need to be sure that my patch works fine and improves things!
> Please, please test!

okay, i did that! look for my build instructions here:
http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/ext/pwlib/pwlib.ext
http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/ext/openh323/openh323.ext
http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/ext/gnomemeeting/gnomemeeting.ext

as you can see i took ur patched version of openh323 and also applied the patch to
pwlib.

here are the build logs:
http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/logs/e-pwlib.log
http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/logs/e-openh323.log
http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/logs/e-gnomemeeting.log

well, this all looks good for me. though i am still unable to select a video device
(also tried starting xawtv before - btw, xawtv just displays in b&w colors after
having launched gm - well at least thats what i think ;)

regards, frank