Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gconf ??? whats up

Damien Sandras wrote:

> Please try to run as root :
> gconftool --install-schema-file /etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting.schema

That does not work here.

Here is my /etc/gconf/1/path  file

# This file stores the addresses of config sources for GConf
# When a value is stored or requested, the sources are scanned from top to
# bottom, and the first one to have a value for the key (or the first one
# to be writeable) is used to load/store the data.

# See the GConf manual for details

# Look first in systemwide mandatory settings directory
# (commented out until xml backend knows how to be read-only for users)
xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory

# Now see where users want us to look - basically the user can stick
arbitrary
# sources in a ~/.gconf.path file and they're inserted here
include "$(HOME)/.gconf.path"

Give users a default storage location, ~/.gconf

xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory
xml:readwrite:$(HOME)/.gconf

# Finally, look at the systemwide defaults
# (commented out for now)
xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

I can get it to run as root but not as tom ):

Thomas W