Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Can not transmit Audio

Le ven 27/12/2002 à 15:43, Joerg Demtroeder a écrit :
> Thanks for your help,
> for the moment the given answers creating more questions for me in the moment.
> So please appoligize that I ask again.

This mailing list has been created to help users => no need to apology!
;)

> The idear to check that the devices are not used is done lsof and fuser are
> reporting nothing on the devices for /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer.
> Are these the right devices?

/dev/dsp1 should be the device for the webcam internal microphone.
If it doesn't appear in the list, try to do a "modprobe audio" as root,
and restart GnomeMeeting.

> I also switched off the arts system from KDe and aktivated the system bell.
>
> Is there a tool to check the audio Input?

Not in GnomeMeeting 0.94.1 .
You can try cat /dev/dsp1 > /dev/dsp and talk in your cam microphone, if
you hear yourself, then the system is well-configured. If not, you have
a problem to identify and to solve.

> Is it possible that the in the webcam included microphone producing the
> trouble?

No, using it should solve all trouble.