Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: No local video on second launch of Gnomemeeting

Le dim 22/12/2002 à 20:38, Andrew Mulheirn a écrit :
> Some additional information:

You didn't answer my previous mail where I was asking what you mean by
"doesn't work". Is there an error message?
Also try the tricks I gave you.

> I have set "noapic" on the append line of lilo.conf.
>
> The camera works for a while on first launch but eventually, video freezes.
> Messages like "usb_control bulk_msg timeout" appear in the messages file.

I think that you have an USB or webcam driver bug.
I would suggest you to contact the driver author, we are not USB
experts. Perhaps he could try GnomeMeeting with his driver and see what
happens. If you have any feedback, please contribute it back here.

> Unloading and reloading the usb-uhci module seems to bring the video back.
>
> I've heard there is an alternative uhci module - should I be using that?

You can try, I think there is uhci and ohci, and that there are 2
versions of uhci, but I can be wrong.