[GnomeMeeting-list] Fwd: GM 0.94 firewall security issues..

Hi List !

I'm not a network/firewall expert, so i forward here...

Matti

Subject: GM 0.94 firewall security issues..
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:07:47 -0500
From: AG <agreen bkaeg org>
To: matthias marksweb de

Matti:

I noticed that GM FAQ doesn't explicityl list an IP address origin for
all GM/ILS server connections..

IOW, it appears that you just 'blindly' open the required ports ->
TCP ports 1720 and 30000-30010
UDP pors 5000:5003

I would like to setup some ipchains rules and I need to be sure that I
can verify traffic coming into those ports..

I'm old school and paranoid ;)

AG
"What you read today, will free you tomorrow" - ME
http://bkaeg.org