[GnomeMeeting-list] poor audio quality

I'm new to Gnomemeeting and am trialing it between various other
Gnomemeeting clients: some on the local network, some across a reasonably
good Internet connection (60ms round trip) and beyond.  In every case,
audio quality is terrible.

I am using a Quicknet card and Gnomemeeting is configured to use it.
Loopback testing indicates that the audio is crystal clear.

People on the other end report that I sound like a chipmunk :-) (which, I
can assure you is not normally the case!)  How can I got about
troubleshooting this?  I looked at the audio codecs and all of them are
selected.  I would all to perform reasonably well, especially on the low
latency connections I am testing it with.

Any ideas?  Thanks,

Ben