[GnomeMeeting-list] Problems with gconf + gnomemeeting

hi all,
just got gnomemeeting and installed it, but I havn't been able to get it to
work. I keep getting the message "GnomeMeeting got 0 for the GConf key
'/apps/gnomemeeting/gconf_test_age", but 12 was expected"

I tried runing gnomemeeting-config-tool but it didnt help. Finally I tried
> gconftool-2 --get "/apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test"
and
> gconftool-2 --get "/apps/gnomemeeting/gconf_test"
but got "No value set for '/apps/gnomemeeting..'

I am running SuSE 8.0 with KDE3 and didn't have any of the gnome libs before,
but now I downloaded all the required libs as said in the README from your
downloads page (rpms are from SuSE's ftp server) and got the gnomemeeting rpm
for SuSE from your download page.
This might be something very simple (hopefully) but since I am no gnome user I
really don't know where to start looking for.
I tried
>gconftool-2 --get-default-source
and got
>xml::/etc/opt/gnome2/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
I then looked into that directory and there are two dirs: "apps" and
"schemas".  There is a gnomemeeting directory in each of them, each
containing a bunch of subdirs like "audio_codecs", "audio_settings", ...
"devices",...., "ldap", "personal_data", "view"

I have zero idea of gconf and friends, so any hints as to how to solve this or
where to find more info would be great.

thanks

luis