Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] The files on the snapshot dir

Le ven 06/12/2002 à 16:35, João Pedro a écrit :
> Ok, Damien
>
> I followed your advice and went for the gnomemeeting-0.94.2.tar.gz at
> 0.94.2... dir
> but still no success...

I think you are not in the right directory.
You should use binary packages from the download section on the website.
Choose "Download" on the left.

> First  I have to state that I already experimented version 0.94.1 from
>  gnomemeeting-0.94.1-3.i386.rpm but I just wanted to upgrade and see the
> changes ...
> I'm using Linux version 2.4.19 (root peterpan) (gcc version 3.2 20020903
> (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)),
> openh323-1.9.10-4 and pwlib-1.3.11-1.
>
> I tried the  ./configure from gnomemeeting-0.94.2 dir and it reported
> some missing libs and

Don't use 0.94.2, it never existed really, it was there by mistake.
Use either 0.94.1 stable, or CVS, ie the nightly snapshot.

> checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
> checking for libgnomeui-2.0 >= 1.112.0 linc >= 0.5.0 libbonobo-2.0 >=
> 2.0.0 esound >= 0.2.28... Pack      age libgnomeui-2.0 was not found in
> the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnomeui-2.0.pc'
> No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (libgnomeui-2.0 >= 1.112.0 linc
>  >= 0.5.0 libbonobo-2.0 >= 2.0      .0 esound >= 0.2.28) not met;
> consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
> li      braries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>
> How would I adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable and would
> that solve the problem?

No it means that the mentionned libraries are not installed.

> The mentioned libraries are all installed from the distro rpm's in the
> /usr/lib dir ...

You probably installed the libs in binary form, but not the devel rpms.
You also need the devel rpms to be able to compile.

If you have redhat 8.0, a RPM of the nightly snapshot is available on
request on irc.gnome.org, #gnomemeeting.