[GnomeMeeting-list] how to mix GM sound + other sound

What possibilities do I have to talk to someone on GM, and at the same time play low music or at least get sound notifications occasionally?
I have learned that GM can't be used with a esd, for a reason I have forgotten. But are there any alternatives? Or will it be possible some other way in the future?
I was told something about soundcards with two dsp (I think that's correct) but I don't have such a card. No way to do this on software level?

Hakon