Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] router adsl problem

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 derek indranet co nz wrote:

>  c)set the rtp port minimum to 49604,
>  d)set the rtp port maximum to 65000
>
> it should work - I have used (successfully) m1122 nokia adsl boxes with
>  these settings.
>
> I apologise, I have no idea where you find these options in GnomeMeeting.

You can't currently change the RTP ports with GnomeMeeting. It will be
added in next release. However, modern routers are all doing stateful
firewalling/routing, so it shouldn't be needed to use a fixed range of RTP
ports. It is the same for the future netfilter module for linux, it is
stateful, you don't even need allow fixed RTP or TCP ports, only the 1720
port, the other ports are read directly into the packets and consequently
implicitly allowed.