Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] c++ library

Le mer 14/08/2002 à 03:26, Bert Martin a écrit :
> When I run gnomemeeting I get an error that says it can't find
> libstdc++.so.5.  I assume that this is a c++ library of some sort but can
> someone tell me where I can get it.  I have checked around and I just can't
> seem to locate this one.

If you compiled gm by hand, it shouldn't happen; if you installed it
from a package, it shouldn't happen either... unless you explicitly told
the package system to forget about dependancies, which is almost always
a bad idea.

The libstdc++ is the standard c++ library, so you cannot run any c++
program without it; it seems the gm you installed wants the .5 version;
perhaps you have an older version, in which case you should perhaps
compile gm by hand (upgrading the lib may be a problem for other
packages depending on the exact version you have now).

Easy and dirty workaround: go in /usr/lib and do a symlink from
libstdc++.so to libstdc++.so.5. I must insist on the fact it is dirty.

Cordially,

Snark on #gnomemeeting