Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [V4L] Gnomemeeting and videum cards,

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Auzie Morgan wrote:

[...]

Hi,

GnomeMeeting is able to support all colour formats thanks to the use of
PWLib and is able to do the conversion itself.

However, not all video4linux drivers have the same behavior when doing
the ioctls.

If you edit pwlib/src/ptlib/unix/video4linux.cxx, and add some comments
here and there, you will see where it fails to set the video palette.
You can also print the videodriver name (should be ibmcam).

At the beginning of the file, there is a list of "hints". Hints are
there to specify for some drivers that it is preferable to use one
or another palette, one or another video size. Once you identified
your driver name, and once you know for sure what sizes and video palettes
are supported, you can add a HINT for your camera and recompile pwlib.
That way, you are sure pwlib and GM will always use the right settings.

Bad behaviors happen with driver somewhat broken, that do not report
the right capabilities during the init.

Good luck.

(I thought there already was a hint for the ibmcam in pwlib, but I might
be wrong)

Damien

PS: I don't have such a card or webcam, so it is impossible for me to
"fix" that, but believe me, it is pretty easy once you understood how
it works.