[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [V4L] Gnomemeeting and videum cards,

Ok to all , Im copying the two lists a copy of this message at this point..
  By the way, I went back into windows just to make sure,,  and had Netmeeting with codec updates call my laptop with the winov as the capture card, so the format of the winov can be sent via the codecs fine.. likewise the rev I have on my laptop worked with my ibmcam fine too..

What I want is for either this winov -> camcorder combo to work or the winov drivers to co exist with the ibmcam.o module.. IE put the ibmcam on video1 .. It wont insmod once winov support is installed..

Did a debug dump from xawtv,

v4l2: new capture params (384x240, YUYV, 184320 byte)
setformat: 16 bit YUV 4:2:2 (packed) (384x240): ok
v4l2: buf 0: capture 0x1000+184320, used 0
v4l2: buf 1: capture 0x2000+184320, used 0
v4l2: start ts=1028991156263063000
Xvideo: x11_destroy_ximage
Xvideo: xv_create_ximage 384x240
cmd: "setattr" "input" "VID/Composite"
cmd: "capture" "off"
gd: stop
v4l2: new capture params (384x240, RGBP, 184320 byte)
setformat: 16 bit TrueColor (LE) (384x240): ok
v4l2: new capture params (384x240, RGBP, 184320 byte)
video: x11_create_ximage
video: x11_destroy_ximage
v4l2: close

this grabs for xawtv fine,,

In gnomemeeting tried,,,
 1015  gconftool --set "/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/color_format" BGR24 --type string
 1021  gconftool --set "/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/color_format" BGR24 --type string
 1025  gconftool --set "/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/color_format" YUV --type string
 1027  gconftool --set "/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/color_format" YUV42 --type string
 1031  gconftool --set "/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/color_format" YUV420 --type string
 1037  gconftool --set "/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/color_format" V4L2_PIX_FMT_BGR24 --type string
 1043  gconftool --set "/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/color_format" RGBP --type string
 1048  history |grep gconf
no luck ..

Also on my laptop the ibmcam is fine with everything except avicap.. It just wont insmod once I hav videum support installed.. ibmcam.o standard module

Dmitri wrote:
Quoting Auzie Morgan <auzie auzievision com>:

Ok Xawtv, Avicap (avifile nice easy build divx encoder / player and
more) No problem,,
Gomemeeting and my IBMCAM driver,, no go..

Gnome meeting cant seem to translate the device pallet?
Your driver doesn't support the rgb15l format.

It does not, indeed. It had been decided that a v4l driver should only
produce the stream in one format, preferrably closest to the native device
format (palette). A driver must not convert palettes - this is difficult
to do in kernel space, awkward to do without FPU, makes the driver much
more complicated and crash-prone, and pollutes the kernel space with
similar-but-different pieces of conversion code (in each driver).

The ibmcam driver produces BGR24 - this is almost the native format in
many IBM/Xirlink cameras.

It is gnomemeeting's responsibility to take one of standard formats and
make use of it. xawtv, for example, does exactly that.

Please check your kernel driver documentation in order to determine
which Palette is supported. Set it as GnomeMeeting default with:
gconftool --set "/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/color_format" YOURPALETTE
--type string

If gnomemeeting can be configured for BGR24, then it should work. Couple
of years ago I wrote a patch for voxilla (openH.323 client) to accept
BGR24, and the patch is still somewhere on http://www.linux-usb.org.

I also have an ibmcam but it doesnt like the videodevX setup.. :(

I don't understand that, sorry. You'd better be more specific :-)

Dmitri