[GnomeMeeting-list] My Videodevices

Hello list,

beyond trying out gnomemeeting and having problems with gconf, I first want
to test my viedeodevice.

/dev/video0 Hauppauge WinTV Pci is working.
/dev/video1 should be Quickcam Pro 3000 USB which isn't working.

By testing the device with xawtv -c /dev/video1 I get the error that this
device does not exist (no such device)

Module pwc.o is loaded.

Then I found a hint in today malinglinglist articles and did the following:

 mknod --mode=0644 /dev/video1 c 81 0

Then the Hauppauge Card is connected to /dev/video1.

Then I guessed this:

 mknod --mode=0644 /dev/video1 c 81 1

And again I get no such device. Now due this testing i want again the
original settings for this device. It would be nice if you post me the
correct mknod-command for /dev/video1.

Further on:

It seems to be that the USB-Cam is not detected correct.

usbview shows me an usb audio device but not the composite things for the
camera.

tail -f /var/log/messages said:

module char-major-81 could not be loaded.

In order to fix this I tried the following in modules.conf:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-180 usbcore
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
alias char-major-81-1 pwc
alias char-major-81-2 pwc
alias char-major-81-3 pwc

That seem to fix the module problem in /var/log/messages

But still no picture by the cam.

What else can I do?

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.