Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]sound in .10

Hi,

> They are running netmeeting (the new one) and we installed the GSM codecs
that are
> needed as per the website

On some soundcards on Windows, the NetMeeting GSM codec does sound choppy.
It is choppy on my CMedia 8738 sound card

I actually installed the Windows OpenPhone application from
www.openh323.org
(a free, open source H323 app for Windows written by the same people who
produce the pwlib/openh323 libraries that GnomeMeeting uses)

That has GSM and MS-GSM support.
MS-GSM also sounded choppy until I increased the sound buffer options
in the OpenPhone config menu. Then the audio was perfect.

But standard GSM audio works perfectly from GnomeMeeting to OpenPhone.

Roger