Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]Video problem & can't get to ftp site for 0.12

Hi again,
Just got version 0.11-2 video to work, but I don't know
what I did exactly.  I downloaded the src rpm's for 0.11
and installed them.  I then found the place where the
error message came from.  I started by commenting
out all but the first term of the if statement that opens
the webcam.  No picture, but no error.  I then uncommented
the last term, again no picture, no error.  After uncommenting
the last three, then I had picture and no error!  I then proceeded
to uncomment the rest of the terms in the if statement to
see where the error would occur.  It didn't occur.  I could
then run the rpm installed version instead of the version
from the src directory, and it now works!  It appears that
the video open, at least with the cpia_usb kernel driver, is
not very robust at this point.

I do have other problems with my machine, in that right
now I have no sound from any program.  I will be working
on that, then I think I could hear outside calls.

Other observations:
1. For my camera, the top 2 video settings sliders seem
to have no effect.
2. The camera occasionally starts up in a higher resolution
mode and I only see 1/4 of its field of view in the small
window mode.
3. It would be really useful to have a VU meter for the
Mic input level.  You could try to put in some sort of
AGC, but I can tell you from experience that doing a
good one is waaay harder than it might first seem.

Art