Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]Some questions from a newbe

le sam 27-10-2001 à 12:08, arne kno a écrit :
> Hi,
> i played around with gnomemeeting in my LAN a while and there a some
> isues i don't understand. Maybe someone has some answers for me:-)
> O.k. here is the list:
>
> Is there a way to calculate the needed bandwith for the different video
> settings?

No, but I'll add an option to limitate it.

> What the settings for video quality from 1 to 31 means?
1 is best quality, 31 is bad quality, but it uses less bandwidth.

> Same for the settings for update blocks?

2 is the best settings, it means that the image will not be blocky
because it will transmit all blocks except 2 static blocks .

> Beside this i had some problems with the small video setting it needs
> more bandwith as that for large. ???
No; lesser...

> The quality with the small setting is extremly bad. It is much to dark i
> see nearly nothing. With large settings the quality is quite good. I use
> a webcam with ov511 chip.(does someone know what the compress=1 option
> from that module means and if it would also cause a better
> videotransmisson) For now i only get garbage with that option enabled.
People reported that it is needed to install the last version of the
driver found on their website and that it works perfectly with it.
Btw, you can change the video settings like brightness and so on with
GnomeMeeting.

> With the large setting the video is not shown on the Netmeeting client
> in my LAN; the small works. (Netmeeting 3.01)

It means that Netmeeting doesn't support it, I guess.
At least if preview works in large mode on GM's side.

> Especially with the small setting ther is now understandable subjection
> between the settings for video quality and used bandwith. I think it
> ignores sometimes my settings.
Yes, used bandwidth is only an indication for gatekeepers.
I'll move that option in 0.12 and add an option to limit the bandwidth
that is used by video.

> Thank you for reading this.I hope I bother you not to much with my
> questions.

Not at all !