Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] installation of GSM windows codec failed + 0.12 report + gcc infos

When doing configuration of some other applications, their
system configuration checker gives all sorts of severe
warnings against using the Redhat supplied gcc 2.96,
claiming, among other things, the wrong generation of
X86 SIMD code.  I ended up upgrading to gcc 3.0.1 and
haven't noticed problems with that version.

On November 18,2001 02:03:53 PM Damien Sandras wrote:
le dim 18-11-2001 à 22:59, ysengrin a écrit :
> Mandrake and Redhat 'gcc' version is corrupted :
> While compiling this gnomemeeting version I learned a usefull
> information for Mandrake 8.1 and Redhat X.X users from openh323 website
> : the supplied gcc 2.96 version is a really bad one (in fact not really
> a version). It uses a lot of memory (and may hang the compilation) and
> produces binaries incompatibles with those from previous and further
gcc
> releases.

Are you sure for Mandrake ?
I knew for Redhat 7.00, but not for Mandrake.