Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] installation of GSM windows codec failed + 0.12 report + gcc infos

le dim 18-11-2001 à 22:59, ysengrin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> when running instcodec.exe, I got the following popup:
>
> !----------------------------------------!
> ! ERROR: Getting IID-IInstallAudioCodecs !
> !----------------------------------------!
> !                                        !
> !         Classe not registered          !
> !                                        !
> !----------------------------------------!
>
> I'm running a MS/Windows 98 SE (test purpose only :-))
> What does it mean? troubles with my registry ?
> could you help me?

Perhaps try to close Netmeeting while installing.
And install it being in the netmeeting directory.

> 0.12 pre-release report :
> I couldn't get the users list from the ILS with the 0.11 version. The
> new prerelease (0.12) works fine for me (no more crash when displaying
> users list). Thanks for your work.
Thanks !
0.12 will be released soon and 0.13 should still be better as Paul
Ashton has still made improvements on ILS.

> Mandrake and Redhat 'gcc' version is corrupted :
> While compiling this gnomemeeting version I learned a usefull
> information for Mandrake 8.1 and Redhat X.X users from openh323 website
> : the supplied gcc 2.96 version is a really bad one (in fact not really
> a version). It uses a lot of memory (and may hang the compilation) and
> produces binaries incompatibles with those from previous and further gcc
> releases.

Are you sure for Mandrake ?
I knew for Redhat 7.00, but not for Mandrake.

> That's all

:-)