Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]videochat newbie here!

As always :

Enable Video transmission in the options to send video.
Make your frien install the GSM codec.
Look at the history window of GnomeMeeting to see if it opens 2 audio
channels (one for transmission and one for reception). If it doesn't, it
means that there is no common codec.

Try also to use the ALSA sound drivers instead of the kernel drivers to
enable full duplex.